Lynford Farms uses large modern machinery to implement its cropping and harvesting activities. GPS guidance systems are used to automatically steer machinery in precise and efficient paths to help maximise productivity.
The farm is also very proactive in utilising labour saving technology in the area of sheep handling equipment. Electronically operated dipping machines, sheep crushes, weighing and drafting equipment is used to improve efficiency and to ease manual tasks.
Some of the key equipment items presently used are:
- 2 New Holland T8.435 tractors
- 2 Morris Concept 2000 41’ airseeders
- New Holland CR8090 45’ harvester
- Millar Nitro 5333 120’ boom spray/swather
- Trufab 30T seed/super/chaser bin and 110T mobile field bin
- New Holland square baler
- SP windrower and swather
- New Holland telehandler
- Bobcat skidsteer loader